Traditional cornbread is a quick bread made with cornmeal and often goes hand-in-hand with chili, barbecue and other hearty dishes. Unfortunately, due to the cornmeal, it’s usually high in carbs. This Low Carb Cornbread is moist, delicious, and has just 3g net carbs per serving!
This recipe is made with common ingredients you likely already have in your pantry! Ingredients are mixed together in one bowl and poured into an 8″ cast iron skillet.
I used Colby cheese in this recipe, but mild cheddar would work too. Jazz it up by adding chopped bacon, jalapenos, or both!
Serve this Low Carb Cornbread with Low Carb Beanless Chili, Monterey Chicken, or your favorite soup or stew. Use it to make cornbread stuffing or dressing. Or, spread with a pat of butter (or Blake Hill Preserve’s Naked Jam) and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Freeze individual portions for up to three months.
Low Carb Cornbread
- 3 large eggs, beaten I used Eggland's Best
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour super-fine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Colby cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8" skillet with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Spread batter into prepared skillet and smooth over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until top has turned golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.