If you love a good cheesecake, this recipe is for you! Cheesecake recipes are pretty easy to convert to low carb: you just need to replace the sugar with an alternative sweetener! But, my son Zach deserves a lot of credit for this Low Carb Crustless Cheesecake recipe. He tweaked the ingredients several times to get it just right — you won’t even miss the crust! Three years later, this is still one of my favorite low carb treats.
There are six ingredients to these Low Carb Crustless Cheesecakes, most of which you probably already have on hand. If you need an alternative sweetener, I highly recommend King Arthur Flour’s Alternative Baking Sugar*. The cooling aftertaste that many experience with some alternative sweeteners definitely comes through in this recipe. Since this recipe makes four individual servings, I also suggest covered ramekins or custard dishes (such as these*) for easy storage.
These individual cheesecakes have 266 calories and 3g net carbs, and fit the macros for a keto diet! You can dress them up with berries, whipped cream or low carb sauces (just don’t forget to add the macros). Keep these cheesecakes in the refrigerator for up to six days.
Low Carb Crustless Cheesecake
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Full fat (do not use light)
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp King Arthur Flour Baking Sugar Alternative or other granulated low carb sweetener
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a mixer, combine half the cream cheese, 3 Tbsp of the sweetener and the cornstarch until just combined.
- Mix in the remaining cream cheese.
- Add heavy whipping cream and remaining sweetener. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in egg.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or custard dishes. Bake in a water bath for 40 minutes.
- Let cheesecakes cool until they reach room temperature, then refrigerate for at least one hour.