Every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, I looked forward to my mom’s homemade pumpkin pie. The delicious pumpkin and spice flavors capped off the meal perfectly. I adapted her recipe and created these Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies, which have all the flavor, without the carbs!
To make this dessert low carb, I substituted low carb sweetener for the sugar and heavy cream for the milk. To create perfect portion sizes (and make cleanup a breeze), I used Oxo Good Grips Silicone Baking Cups*. The little “handles” on the sides of these cups make it easy to move the Low Carb Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies to a cooling rack.
You can serve these pies right in the silicone baking cups, or remove them just before serving (they come out very easily!) Add whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a special touch (but be sure to add to your macros!).
If you don’t have a favorite low carb sweetener, check out Low Carb Sweeteners: Which is Best? to find one that works for you. My favorite is King Arthur Flour’s Baking Sugar Alternative*. It bakes well, is a cup for cup replacement for regular sugar, and doesn’t have the aftertaste that some low carb sweeteners do.
Low Carb Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies
- 16 oz Canned Pumpkin
- ⅔ cup King Arthur Flour Baking Sugar Alternative or other low carb sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¾ tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Large Eggs , slightly beaten
- ⅔ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baking cups on cookie sheet.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar substitute, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg with mixer. Add eggs and beat lightly until just combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and heavy cream; mix well.
- Carefully pour mixture into baking cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Move cups to wire rack to cool. Refrigerate within 2 hours.